(Click Pictures to Enlarge)
The Old Pioneer Cemetery (a.k.a. - The Herrold Family
Cemetery; a.k.a.- Herrold's Graveyard) is located on Peffer Valley Rd., Port
Trevorton, (Union Township), Snyder County, Pennsylvania. In it are
buried members of the Herrold family and soldiers of the Revolutionary War.
Herrold, Sr. (N15)
"In honor of
John George Herrold, Sr., 1725-1803, first Herrold in the Susquehanna Valley
and the pioneers of that period are gratefully remembered by their
posterity. Dedicated July 3, 1937, by the Memorial Committee of the Herrold
Reunion Association. Memorial Committee: T.G. Herrold, Chairman; Ned E.
Herrold, Treas.; Chester S. Herrold, Francis Shaffer, Frank S. Attinger, Dr.
Charles A. Fisher, Family Historian."
Anna Maria Benesch Herrold (N16)
"Anna Maria Benesch Herrold
Muhlbach - Miesau, Germany - 1725
Chapman Township - 1802
Mother of all Snyder County Herrolds
Herrold Reunion - 2002"
John George Herrold, Jr. (N23)
Pvt. 3 Bn. Pa. Mil.
April 27, 1779
Other Tombstones and Monuments in the Old
Pvt. 6 Bn.
Harris's Pa. Regt.
January 9, 1835